At Main Street Dental we believe it is important to maintain good oral health!
Our team of dental professionals will do their best to ensure that your experience with us, as we check and clean your teeth, is as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
Before a Dental Check-up
You will be asked about your medical history, any medication that you are currently on and any concerns that you may have concerning your dental health.
During a Dental Check-up
- Your teeth will be cleaned, polished and prepared for the dental check-up.
- Once your teeth have been cleaned and polished, your mouth is then assessed using a metal probe with a mirror. The mirror helps our dentist locate any swelling, mouth sores or redness behind your teeth and in between your gums.
- After the teeth have been assessed our dentist will discuss any oral problems that were found during the assessment.
- An extensive dental examination is then done to check if there are any dental problems below the surface of the mouth. This is done by taking a dental x-ray of your mouth, head and neck.
- During this examination, your jaw bones and bite are also examined from the outside to detect if there is any clicking from your jaw joints.
- Your neck and behind your jaw is then checked for are any signs of oral cancer.
After a Dental Check-up
When you have completed your dental check-up, our dentist will speak to you about your dental issues and orals needs. We will also advise you on the best possible solution to enhance your oral health.